Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Rule! Reviews of expensive wines as long as I didn't pay for them

One of the reasons I love wine is because of my friend Simon. Simon knows wine. When we use to go to restaurants and I was just a novice he would string together these french-Latin-Arabic-German like phrases and order wonderful yummy wines which is one of the reasons I can appreciate wines today. So I was over at Simon's new posh Twin Citie's town home and he introduced me to this $13 gem, Ravenswood old vine Zinfandel. It is hard to describe the fullness I experienced but it was woody and really full flavored. It went perfect with Maren's (Simon's wife and my close personal friend) Asian rice noodle and chicken cuisine. This would be a great wine to take with you when you want people to not just drink a bottle of wine but experience wine and smile. 9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment