Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Famenco Tempranillo: Plums and spice and everything nice

Yeah Baby! I found a $4 rock star and its name is Famenco! This is not a usual, "well it's good but I can tell it is cheap" wine, this is a cool labeled, Tempranillo, tasty wine that will make the snobs say things like, "lovey, sink me, if this isn't the best wine I have had since we were in the old country!" I love everything about it and it was fun to swirl in the cup and take small delightful sips while you fought off the urge to gulp it down. It was $4.46 at Cashwise and I feel like driving over there and leaving a little extra in the give a penny take a penny cup at the register. They should have called it Famenco Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree this wine is smooth and clean. Nice initial taste of fruit, with a little oak and smokiness. Definitely a nice Spanish wine.

    ReplyDelete